Results for meeting
Glasgow AA Sprint Gala, Scotstoun, Wed 24 Jul 2019
- A superb performance from Stephen Johnston first place in the U17 B Group 100m in a time of 11.04/+1.2
Westfield British Transplant Games, Newport Wales, 25 – 28 Jul 2019
- A brilliant day on Thursday 25th for young Sam McKay, winning Bronze for his age group in the long jump at the Transplant Games.
Beach to Beacon 10K, Cape Elizabeth ME, USA, Sat 03 Aug 2019
- 5 Callum Hawkins 28:55, 18 Derek Hawkins 30:50.
British League Division 2 – Scotstoun, Sat 03 Aug 2019
- 110H 1 Andrew Murphy GLA 15.16/-0.2.
- 400H 1 Connor Henderson GLA 53.1
- HT 1 Andrew Costello GLA 54.99
EAP Open Meeting, Loughborough, Tue 06 Aug 2019
- 400H 4 Connor Henderson 53.55.
Open Meeting, Grangemouth, Wed 07 Aug 2019
- A 4th place for young Lewis Hannigan in the U17 3000m in a time of 9:11.94
- In the women’s hammer competition Heather Fawcett had a throw of 48.33m.
Scottish Under-15 Championships, Grangemouth, Sat 10 Aug 2019
- 5th place for young Sarah Dyer with a throw of 32.50.
Scottish Under-13 Championships, Grangemouth, Sun 11 Aug 2019
- 1500 1 Oliver Patton 4:42.1
Scottish Under-20 Championships, Grangemouth, 10-11 Aug 2019
Cameron Wright claimed victory first in the 2000m steeplechase and then took an exciting 1500m final in the worst of the weather:
- 1500 1 Cameron Wright 3:57.88
- 2000S 1 Cameron Wright 6:01.21
- 400H 3 Michael Cairns 57.46.
A clean sweep for Kirsty Costello in the javelin and women’s hammer competitions:
- JT 1 Kirsty Costello 41.12 a PB
- HT 1 Kirsty Costello (U17) 55.14 (4kg)
- HT 2 Heather Fawcett 48.95.
Manchester International, Wed 14 Aug 2019
- 110H 4 Andrew Murphy 14.95/+1.1.
- 4×100 5 Thomas, Angus, Murphy, Mackenzie 41.08
- Mile Event 4 Kerry MacAngus 4:48.84
Paisley 10K & Fun Run, Sun 18 Aug 2019
A good turn out from club runners, with Robbie Ferguson first runner from the club 7th in a time of 33.42 and first home in the fun run in 2nd place Josh McKinlay 09:45; congratulations to all who competed.
Paisley 10K Results – Sunday 18 August 2019
Paisley Fun Run 2019 – Sunday 18 August 2019
Scottish Under-17 Championships, Grangemouth, 17-18 Aug 2019
- 1500 1 Jack Patton 4:02.83
- U17HT 1 Kirsty Costello 62.40
- U17JT 1 Kirsty Costello 39.44
Scottish National Championships, Grangemouth, 17-18 Aug 2019
- Men 100 – 4 Kade Thomas 10.86w
- Men 200 – 1h3 Kade Thomas 22.36/+2.0
- U20 5000 – 1 Cameron Wright 15:12.82
- Three races in eight days saw Cameron make the trek to the top of the podium three times to collect gold in the U20 1500m steeplechase, the U20 1500m and then, on Sunday, the U20 5000m.
- Cameron also won the Scottish U20 3000m title earlier this summer, now he is at four-in-a-row.
- 110H – 1 Andrew Murphy 15.28/+1.9
- 400H – 3 Connor Henderson 54.055; Michael Cairns (U20) 57.87
- PV 2 Andrew Murphy 4.60
- HT 5 Andrew Costello 54.45,
- JT 4 Andrew Murphy 49.83
- WHT -6 Heather Fawcett (U20) 48.36
Muller Grand Prix and IAAF Diamond League, Birmingham, 18 Aug 2019
- W1500 5 Jemma Reekie 4:07.63
Throws Grand Prix, Livingston, 24 Aug 2019
- At the final Grand Prix, a fine performance from our throwers, U17 Kirsty Costello 61.46m.
- Young Sarah Dyer U15 had three PB’s in a row with the best her last throw of 36.72m.
- Andrew Costello U20 with
- throw of 52.68m
- 7.26k hammer
- A double celebration for Andrew who was awarded the Alan Bertram Trophy for “Commitment, Potential and Performance”.
British Championships, Birmingham, 24-25 Aug 2019
- Jemma Reekie took silver in the Women’s 1500m to book her slot for the World Championships in Doha with a run of 4:23.41.
- Kerry MacAngus was also competing in the finishing 12th in Heat 1 with a time of 4:26.71.
Shettleston Harriers Open Meeting, Crownpoint, 27 Aug 2019
- 100 (B) Alex Connell U17 11.34/+1.8.
- 1500 (C) 4 Oliver Patton U13 4:31.49
Weltklasse/IAAF Diamond League, Zurich, 29 Aug 2019
- W1500 finishing in 11th position Jemma Reekie with a time of 4:05.34.
Twilight Invitation Meeting, Tonbridge, England, 30 Aug 2019
- Triathlon 3 Andrew Murphy 2072 (53.42 JT, 1.82 HJ, 50.56 400
Men’s Scottish League, Grangemouth, 31 Aug 2019
Results – Giffnock 326, Lasswade 254, Law 201, Pitreavie 199, Clydesdale 157, Kilbarchan 136, Inverclyde 97, Whitemoss 61.
League Lasswade 33, Giffnock 32, Law 27, Pitreavie 21, Kilbarchan 21, Clydesdale 18, Inverclyde 10, Whitemoss 9, Arbroath 1.
England Athletics Under U15 Championships, Bedford, 31 Aug/1 Sep 2019
- U15B 1500 13h1 Oliver Patton (U13) 4:35.42.
England Athletics Under 17 Championships, Bedford, 31 Aug/01 Sep 2019
- U17M 200 4 Stephen Johnston 50.02. 3000 8 Jack Patton 8:57.471. HT 1 Kirsty Costello 61.42.
New Season starts 01 September 2019
SkyHigh Pole Vault, Pitreavie, Sun 01 Sep 2019
- PV Andrew Murphy 4.51.
Tuesday 03 Sept 2019
Congratulations to the three Kilbarchan athletes who have been selected to take part in the 2019 IAAF World Championships, which begin later this month in Doha, Qatar from September 27-October 6.
- Callum Hawkins (Marathon)
- Jemma Reekie (1500m)
- Steph Twell (10,000m)
IAAF World Challenge Meeting, Zagreb, Croatia, Tue 03 Sept 2019
- W1500 3 Jemma Reekie 4:09.21.
Throws Fest, Lee Valley, Sat 07 Sept 2019
- U17W HT 1 Kirsty Costello 58.14.
Great North Run, Sun 12 Sep 2019
- Callum Hawkins came home in fourth place in 60.39 less than 40 seconds outside his PB for the distance.
- It was a good day for the Hawkins family as Derek Hawkins also posted an excellent time in 14th place – with his 64.13 run his best for a half for three years and second in the Scottish rankings for 2019.
- Completing a trio of Kilbarchan AAC performances, Steph Twell ‘warmed up’ for her 10,000m track assignment in Doha with a half marathon PB of 70.52 to finish in tenth place; that’s a run that elevates Steph to third on the Scottish all-time list in terms of half marathon times.