Kilbarchan Amateur Athletic Club is based in Renfrewshire south west of Glasgow. The Club was formed in 1974, though there had been a previous club, going back to 1924.
Club colours are gold vest with a broad black horizontal chest band. The Club’s main training base is in Johnstone and Linwood, the latter having an all weather track adjacent to its Sports Centre.
The club is a registered charity and is staffed and managed completely by volunteers. It is very much a community based club that works hard to cater for all aspects of the community and all disciplines of athletics.
The club stages a number of events:
- George Cummings 4×2.7 mile road relay
- The Trust Inn Trophy 3×2.7 ml race for women (same day as George Cummings)
- Annual Schools Invitation Cross Country races, Track and Field Trials
- Renfrewshire AAAs Championship event (at least one)
- Several club events throughout the year
The club has a membership of around 300 members of all sex, ages and abilities who compete in cross-country, road running, hill running and track & field.