FPSG Awards – Athlete of the Year short-lists, 29 Oct 2019
A good year for the club with nominations for FPSG awards:
- FPSG Athlete of the Year 2019: Callum Hawkins
- Performance Coach of the Year: Robert Hawkins
- U20 Athlete of the Year: Praise Olatoke
- U17 Athlete of the Year: Kirsty Costello
29 Oct 2019 – KIRSTY COSTELLO WINS HER FOURTH SATS CHALLENGE
Kirsty Costello, photo copyright Bobby Gavin
- With the highest ever score in the age group, Kirsty Costello, winner of the Under 13 category in 2015 and the Under 15 in both 2016 and 2017, is our SATS Challenge Under 17 winner for 2019.
- Kirsty set new records for the 3k hammer and the 4k implement in a season which saw her win the British title. Her 56.89 throw with the 4k hammer scored 981 points on the SATS tables – the highest in the age-group, on her way to the winning total of 2999 points.
Dublin Marathon, Dublin, Ireland, 27 Oct 2019
- Gemma Rankin competed in the women’s marathon, finishing in 16th place with a time of 2:41:37.
Frankfurt Marathon, Germany, Sun 27 Oct 2019
- Steph Twell has set a new Scottish record for the marathon, (subject to ratification) eclipsing Liz McColgan’s 1997 mark.
- In just her second race over 26 miles 385 yards, Steph, finished eighth in Frankfurt.Her time of 2:26:40 takes 12 seconds off the previous record and is well inside the Olympic qualifying standard.
- Meanwhile, to compete a great weekend a superb run for Derek Hawkins who clocked a PB with his 2:12.49 run in Frankfurt as he took 10th place.
National Cross-Country Relay Championships, Cumbernauld, Sat 26 Oct 2019
It was a beautiful autumn day but freezing cold!
- In a repeat of last year’s result there was Silver medal success for our Senior men’s team (50:00) which this year was represented by Cameron Wright 12:21, Andrew MacAngus 12:58, Callum Hawkins 12:13 and Connor MacLean 12:28.
- Our Masters Women’s team (52:26) of Sharon Hastie 16:25, Joanne McDowall 17:52 and Caroline Cochran 18:08 were thrilled to also bring home silver medals.
- In the Young Females A team there was strong running from Adele Street, Abbie Alemu, and Aurelia Tiffaney to finish in 10th position.
- The Young Males A team of Oliver Patton, Luke Lindsay and Jack Patton also ran well amid stiff competition.
- Our young team of Laine Alemu, Kerry MacAngus, Libby Sutherland and Eilidh Gibson performed well to come home in 15th position.
- Full details are available available under Results
Thursday 24 October 2019
- Steph Twell heads for Germany for the Frankfurt Marathon this weekend hoping only her second ever marathon run can propel her to the Olympics in Japan next year.
- Derek Hawkins is also Germany-bound as he looks to the marathon for the first time in a couple of years after recovering from injury. Derek’s PB is 2:1257 set in London in 2016 to clinch an Olympics place in Rio – and he clocked 64:12 for the half at the Great North Run.
Renfrewshire XC Relay Championships, Nether Pollock Playfields, Glasgow, 20 October 2019
- Good results for Kilbarchan Teams at today’s XC Relay Championships, further details are available under Results
Cabbage Patch 10, Teddington, Eng, Sun 13 Oct 2019
- W10MRd 1 Stephanie Twell 55:03.
British Athletics Cross Challenge, Cardiff, Wales, Sat 12 Oct 2019
- The Patton brothers were in action with the U17M 15 Jack Patton 18:22 and in the U13B 2 Oliver Patton 9:43.
George Cumming Road Relay Race, Houston Renfrewshire, Sat 05 Oct 2019
- This year’s George Cumming Trophy was won by Inverclyde AC with the Kilbarchan Team of Lewis Hannigan; Cameron Wright, Connor MacLean, and Robbie Ferguson in second place with a time of 52:45.
- The Kilbarchan Ladies Team won the Trust Inn Trophy; the team were Holly Thompson; Chloe Simpson; Kerry MacAngus with a time of 47:01.
- Also, first place for the Kilbarchan Ladies Veterans; Sharon Hastie, Joanne McDowall and Diane Gray with a time of 53.27.