2016 DunRen Open Graded Series
This year’s DunRen Open Graded Series are being jointly hosted by Kilbarchan AAC and Inverclyde AC.
Dates and Venues:
Meeting 1: 19th April 2016: OnX Leisure Centre, Brediland Rd, Linwood PA3 3RA
DunRen OGM Timetable 19th April
Meeting 2: 10th May 2016: Ravenscraig Sports Centre, 98 Auchmead Rd, Greenock PA16 0JE
DunRen OGM Timetable 10th May
Meeting 3: 21st June 2016: OnX Leisure Centre, Brediland Rd, Linwood PA3 3RA
Meeting 4: 9th August 2016: Ravenscraig Sports Centre, 98 Auchmead Rd, Greenock PA16 0JE
Competition is for male and female athletes from Under 13 to Masters and age groups are those in which athletes compete during Season 2016.
An online entry system will be used and all events are pre-entry only. THERE WILL BE NO ENTRIES ACCEPTED ON THE NIGHT.
Entries can be made at: www.online-entries.co.uk and are charged at £4 per event.
This year’s track events will have a set number of races per event as per the published timetable. Organisers reserve the right to amend the timetable/events depending on entries received. Where possible, prior notice of any changes will be communicated to entrants.
Entries will close at noon two days prior to each event namely:
Meeting 1: 17th April Meeting 2: 8th May
Meeting 3: 19th June Meeting 4: 7th August
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Withdrawals / Reserve List
Any athlete who is no longer able to compete must let us know prior to the entry closing deadline. Due to the format we anticipate some events will be oversubscribed and we will employing a restricted reserve list and athletes on there are keen to get a run if possible.
All start lists will be posted at the event venue.
Where possible, start lists will be posted online prior to the meeting.
Entry fees will be refunded in the following circumstances:
- The meeting is cancelled by the organisers
- The athlete gives notice of their intention not to compete prior to the entry closed deadline.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR THOSE ATHLETES WHO DO NOT START THE EVENT AND HAVE FAILED TO GIVE THE ORGANISERS PRIOR NOTICE AS OUTLINE ABOVE.
As a policy, Scottish Athletics do not provide refunds. However if an event receives less than 3 entries, the Championship Committee may cancel that event or downgrade to a non- championship competition opportunity. In this case a refund may be offered.
In accordance with UKA Rules of Competition, Rule 107:
– Other than when competing in a combined event U13’s may compete in a maximum of 4 events on the day of an athletics meeting, and if so doing, one of these must be a relay
– No athlete in this age group is allowed to compete in any race at 300m & 400m, nor in more than one race between 600m and 1mile inclusive on the same day.
– Other than when competing in a combined event U15’s may compete in a maximum of 4 events on the day of an athletics meeting, and if so doing, one of these must be a relay
– No athlete in this age group is allowed to run in more than one event between 600m & 3000m inclusive on the same day.
– Other than when competing in a combined event U17’s may compete in a maximum of 4 events on the day of an athletics meeting, and if so doing, one of these must be a relay
– No athlete in this age group is allowed to run in any track event in excess of 5000m.
– Junior’s may not compete in more than 5 events on the same day of an athletics meeting. If juniors are competing in a combined event they are not allowed to compete in any other event on the same day.
– Juniors may only run in track events up to and including 10000m.
- Registration for all meetings will open at 5.45pm. Entries will close 30 minutes before the published start time of each event event or at 7.30pm whichever is earlier. All athletes are required to collect their athlete number before this time.
- Officials will try to accommodate as best as possible competitors who are competing in multiple events.
- Final start times will be published the day before each meeting.
- A heat for wheelchair athletes can be provided in all appropriate events if requested.
Seeding Times and Personal Bests
Athletes must declare their expected performance as accurately as possible within the entry to ensure the best possible seeding of events. Athletes who do not enter a seed mark will receive the least favourable seeding.
Track events will be seeded according to performance not age group. All information requested on the Entry Form must be provided
Track Events – Order of races will be seeded fastest to slowest across the heats in all events.
PHOTOFINISH/ ELECTRONIC TIMING WILL BE IN OPERATION FOR ALL TRACK EVENTS.
Field Events – All competitors will receive at least 3 attempts at horizontal jumps & throwing events. Where time allows ands purely at the Field Referee’s discretion extra attempts may be offered.
Admission is free to all spectators.