|Event||SCOTTISH NATIONAL ROAD RELAY CHAMPIONSHIPS|
|MEN’S SIX STAGE and WOMEN’S FOUR STAGE|
|Date||SUNDAY – 29th MARCH 2015|
|Race Starts 12 noon Declarations Close 11.30 am|
|Changing and Declarations, St Margaret’s Academy, Almondvale|
1st Leg is SHORT (3.1miles) 2nd leg is LONG (5.8miles)
Six Alternate Laps for Men Four Alternate Laps for Women.
(1) The races are open to Senior and Junior Men and Women born before 1st September 1997
i.e. No Under 17 Men or Women.
(2) There are Masters gold, silver and bronze medals for both Men’s and Women’s Teams with ages starting at 40 on the competition day for both Men and Women.
(3) Masters Men’s Teams of M50+ Over 4 legs and Women’s Teams of W50 + Over 3 legs will also be able to compete, names entered for these categories should be listed with the other athletes entered. Gold Medals will be awarded for the winning M50 and W50 teams
(4) Athletes can only run once, any team with an athlete running a second time will have the whole team removed from the results.
(5) Athletes who compete in a Scottish Athletics Championship MUST be current members of the Scottish Athletics Membership Scheme. Furthermore, an entered athlete MUST not be substituted by a non-entered athlete at any time.
Non observance of (5) above leaves the athlete at a health risk in the case of a wrong identification of the athlete following an accident and makes the results invalid as an historic record.
The above issues are so important that the RR&CC Commission asks Club Secretaries and team managers for this co-operation in enforcing these rules.
The Commission will, however, closely monitor athletes and Clubs not observing these rules. Any transgression may result in a disciplinary procedure.