Event WEST DISTRICT CROSS COUNTRY RELAYS
Venue PORT GLASGOW
Date SATURDAY 11th OCTOBER 2014
|RACE||AGE GROUP||BORN DURING||DECLARATIONS CLOSE||RACE STARTS||LAPS|
|YOUNG FEMALES||U13 U15U17||1/9/01 to 31/8/031/9/99 to 31/8/011/9/97 to 31/8/99||11.00am||11.30am||3 x 2,500 metres|
|YOUNG MALES||U13U15U17||1/9/01 to 31/8/031/9/99 to 31/8/011/9/97 to 31/8/99||11.35am||12.05pm||3 x 2,500 metres|
|SENIOR / JUNIOR WOMEN||BORN BEFORE 1/9/97||12.10pm||12.40pm||3 X 4,000 metres|
|SENIOR/ JUNIOR MEN||BORN BEFORE 1/9/97||1.10pm||1.40pm||4 X 4,000 metres|
Please note that the Young Athletes races will allow clubs to have a slightly more flexible format for age groups on each lap.
1st LAP Under 13 – 2nd LAP Under 15 OR Under 13 – 3rd LAP Under 17 OR Under 15
The District Relays will incorporate Masters Championships. There will be a set of Masters gold, silver and bronze medals for both Men and Women.
Masters Teams – Masters Age Group from 40 for both Men and Women – age on day.
All athletes entered must be current members of the Scottish Athletics Membership Scheme.
Competition Information for Team Members and Athletes
Event: West District Cross Country Relay Championships
Date: Saturday 11 October 2014
Race Declarations / Changing: Port Glasgow High School, Port Glasgow Community Campus, Kilmacolm Road, Port Glasgow, PA14 6PP
Race Course: Birkmyre Park, Broomknowe Road, Kilmacolm. PA13 4HX
Due to the unusually dry summer, the underfoot conditions at the original Port Glasgow course have been assessed as unsuitable for safe running, hence the change of course venue at this time.
There will be team medals (plus Masters’ team medals) for each member of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams in each race.
Masters = 40+ (age on the day).
Athletes may only run once. Teams with anyone running a second time will be disqualified and removed from the results.
Entered athletes MUST NOT be substituted by non-entered athletes. Non-observance of this leaves the whole field and officials uninsured in the event of an accident, puts the competitor at a health risk as they may be wrongly identified, and makes the results invalid as an historic record.
Directions to Port Glasgow High School: From the M8, join the A8 (Greenock Road) until the roundabout at Newark Castle (Ferguson Shipyard). Follow the signs for A761 (Kilmacolm Road) uphill for approximately 1½ miles – turn right at the roundabout into the school.
Directions to Birkmyre Park: Same directions to get to the High School – only at the roundabout head straight on for Kilmacolm along the A761. At Kilmacolm Cross, turn right into Lochwinoch Road (B786) and then turn right into Knockbuckle Road towards Broomknowe Road.
- There is ample parking for cars and buses at Port Glasgow High School.
- There is NO PARKING at Birkmyre Park except for a First Aid vehicle and two officials’ cars.
- All athletes / spectators are encouraged to use the shuttle buses provided – see below.
- If anyone insists on taking their car up to Birkmyre Park, they should not park anywhere immediately around the Park perimeter.
Note: Everyone involved in the Race is requested to comply with the above.
- There will be shuttle buses operating between Port Glasgow High School and Birkmyre Park continuously from 10.30 onwards which everyone is encouraged to use due to NO PARKING at the course – see above.
In the school from 10am. Team Managers only.
Please remove spikes and muddy shoes before entering the school.
Team Managers should fill in the declaration form provided (a list of athletes entered will be attached) then return all undeclared numbers with the completed declaration form.
It is vital to declare the athletes in their correct running order so the results are accurately recorded for each individual.
PLEASE NOTE: In the Men’s race, the RED coloured number should be worn by the 3rd leg runner.
Masters’ teams should be marked on the declaration form, and a large “V” prominently marked on each Masters’ team member’s number so the officials can identify them.
Changing and Showers (Port Glasgow High School)
- In the school from 10am.
- Please remove spikes and muddy shoes before entering the school.
- Do not leave valuables unattended.
The Course (Birkmyre Park)
- The course is over playing fields and is generally good running.
- Athletes should familiarise themselves with the course prior to racing, and run accordingly.
- There are plenty of toilet facilities within the High School.
- Portaloos will be provided at the Park.
- First Aid will be located near the Start/Finish area.
- There will be an area dedicated for club tents near the Start/Finish area.
- There will be tea/coffee, rolls and baking etc available within the school.
- There is a cafe at the Park
- Tea & coffee will also be available in the Park,
- On the day, please address queries about the race to the Referee or Chief Timekeeper.
Many thanks to all the officials for their invaluable and much-appreciated help, and to Inverclyde Local Athletic Partnership (ILAP) for generously hosting the event.
Results will be posted on the Scottish Athletics website.